Friday, March 22, 2013

Eliot 250word statement

strive for honesty in my work, at any cost. I believe that in order to create a body of work worth remembering one must put in as much effort as they can in order to achieve the highest level of understanding from their viewers. That being said, my work is thought-out, planned, and executed with regard to the highest of standards - my own. Regardless of the project I undertake I always strive to produce the best image possible both conceptually and technically. This can only be achieved – I feel – if the work is honest and made with very specific intent.
My work has always been about sentimentality – whether it be my own sentiments or those of another. My portraits focus on the depth of human emotion and all that carries with it. My landscapes and still lives evoke a similar feeling of knowing – complete empathy between my subject, my audience, and myself. It is these aspects, I believe, that make my work romantic in every sense of the word. For what greater honor is there but to share an emotion with another human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment